Pages

Making Cards using Scraps

I know I type in many posts how I used scraps to create the card.  Truth is, I kinda thought I would have used up most of my scraps in a year.  The reality of course is that, as time goes, once in awhile I find I must cut into a brand new piece of cardstock or patterned paper.  Then?  You guessed it--more scraps.  :-)

Today is a mix of scraps and new.  And I pulled out a stamp set I hadn't used in awhile.  I have no idea if it is "retired" or not, but it does not matter to me.  I figure the clear stamps I purchase are of good quality and so they definitely should last for many, many years............long after they have been replaced in a current catalog.  In fact, before I purchase a stamp set, I typically weigh how often or how many different ways I might be able to use that stamp set.  Maybe there are others out there who do that to?  (Or maybe it is just the habit of a girl on a budget.  :-)

Anyway........here is the card I made today.  I used a scrap of patterned paper given to me by a friend.  (Thanks, friend.  You know who you are!  :-)  And I used White Cardstock and CTMH Key Lime Cardstock, too.




Have you ever started a card and ended up totally changing they way you originally set out to make it?  Well, this was originally going to be a girl's birthday card.  But then I set my eyes on CTMH's "A Sip" stamp set and thought, "Why not?"

The scrap of ribbon (which was the very last little bit of it that I had been hoarding) was from a trip a couple years ago to Hobby Lobby.  CTMH Gypsy and Grey Wool inks were also used on this card.  And MS Glitter Glue highlighted the "steam" which I originally triple-generation stamped--so looking at the real card in your hand closely would reveal a hint of the Gypsy color in the steam.

CTMH bling finished up the card.  The last two bits of that size were placed on the ribbon.  See.  I really am using up what I have.  So why is it sometimes sad to say goodbye to the last bit of a product?  Hmmmm.  Maybe you feel this way sometimes, too?  Especially when you cannot buy it anymore.


Thanks for stopping by to take a look!
Blessings,
Brenda

2 comments:

Lady Dakem said...

good look

PROxyz
Blog Bisnis
Download Meme Lucu
Chord Lagu indo
Warga +62

Mom, babe, Nae, friend said...

Hi I was wondering if you could help answer some questions about the pop up balloon card made a while back.