Pages

Christmas Card with Scraps

My goal?  Use only what I already have at home in my craft room to create all my Christmas cards this year.

Here's one I made using bits of patterned paper from My Minds Eye--which always works so nicely with the great ink and cardstock from Close To My Heart.




Non-traditional Christmas colors worked nicely with Twilight and Cocoa paper and ink from CTMH.




Odds and ends of brads--mixed in with a little Martha Stewart Glitter Glue--decorated the festive tree.

The blue star was something I had from ages ago.  Now, I realize blue isn't the color one would expect for the top of the tree, but it actually works!

The rectangular paper pieces are 1/2" tall and decrease by 1/2" in length as you go up the tree.


This idea actually came to me while doing some preschool lesson-planning.  I rather liked the imperfection of it all and thought it would be fun to change it up a bit and put it on a card.


Thanks for stopping by to take a look.
Hoping to inspire you to U. U. S. (Use Up Scraps),
Brenda

3 comments:

tjhubner said...

Love the scraps and again an eye catching card with added interest with the scraps set on in a way that is unexpected, Keep them coming, your on a roll. MOM

luv2srap said...

Love your tree. Great idea.

Ruby Sunshine said...

LOVE THIS!!! I like it all the funk to the tree,the different patterns going on, the different decorative items so many textures and such a great use. I will be doing this and will be linking yours on my blog!